Christian Aid responds to International Development Committee report on climate change
Embargoed for 00:01 8 May 2019.
Christian Aid has welcomed the report by the International Development Committee on UK aid and climate change, which calls for the Government to overhaul its current strategy to better tackle the global climate emergency.
UK Net Zero: CCC report shows ending UK emissions is the moral thing to do says Christian Aid
Embargoed for 00:01 2 May 2019 BST.
- Without near term rapid and radical emissions reductions a long term net zero target would merely be “state sponsored greenwashing”
- The Government should follow the CCC’s advice to not use international offsets
The new report ...
New report: World counts the cost of a year of climate breakdown
Thursday, 27 December 2018.
- Extreme weather driven by climate change killed thousands around the world in 2018
- Christian Aid report identifies 10 events that cost more than $1 billion each, with four events costing more than $7 ...
Natural solutions for negative emissions a better bet than sci-fi schemes says Christian Aid report
Embargoed until 00:01 GMT/01:01 CET, Friday December 7th, 2018.
Actions like introducing beavers and replanting mangroves can also help protect humans from the impact of climate change
Following calls this week from Japanese businesses for their country to set a net-zero emissions target by 2050, ...
Christian Aid responds to Global Carbon Project report
Embargoed until 18:00 GMT/19:00 CET, December 5th, 2018.
This is the wake-up call for anyone who hit the snooze button following the IPCC report.
A new study from the Global Carbon Project, published today, showing carbon emissions are projected to have risen by 2.7% ...
Cities in India and US will continue to be most at risk from future flooding says Christian Aid report
1 September 2017.
- Kolkata, Mumbai and Miami ranked as most vulnerable coastal cities exposed to flooding- World must act to tackle climate change to avoid future flood induced mayhem As floodwaters cause death and destruction in South Asia and ...
Christian Aid responds to ICAI report into DFID use of cash transfers
12 January 2017.
Christian Aid has welcomed the findings of an independent study into the use of cash transfers by the UK’s Department for International Development.